posted on 1/11/24
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for animals and serving our community to join our team! Pottawattamie County Public Health is hiring for an On-Call Animal Control Position!
- Respond to animal complaint calls from the public during on-call period
- Enforces local and state animal laws and ordinances
- Assists the general public with inquires
- Documents and reports on complaints and licensing
Important on-call scheduling/pay information:
- on-call status pay = $2.00/hr.
- hours worked = $18.11/hr.
- An individual in this position will be paid a minimum of $500 for a 2 week on-call shift.
If you are interested in applying, or learning more click the link below
LISTERIA OUTBREAK: There are 26 people sick & 23 hospitalized. Sadly, 2 have died.
Many brands of cheeses, crema, and yogurt have been recalled.
Check the full list of recalled products. If you have any recalled products, don’t eat them. Throw them away or return them to the store. Visit CDC.gov/foodsafety/outbreaks for more information.
It's that time of year for Pottawattamie County dog owners!
While you can’t see, smell or taste radon, it could be present in your home at cancer-causing levels. It’s easy to test your home. Learn how here: https://bit.ly/3I4fgZz
Pottawattamie County Public Health also has a limited supply of Radon test kits available for purchase with exact cash or check at our clinic for $12.50.