Rural Recycling Center
41911 Industrial Drive
Oakland, IA 51560
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Saturday
Closed Sundays and Mondays
Council Bluffs Recycling Center
Residents in Council Bluffs and western Pottawattamie County may want to review available services at the Council Bluffs Recycling Center, located at 4441 Gifford Rd., Council Bluffs, IA 51501.
Fees and Accepted Items
Items Accepted Free of Charge
- Mixed Paper: brown paper jugs, junk mail, magazines, newspaper, and everything that comes with a Sunday paper.
- #1 - #5 Plastic Containers and Cartons: butter tubs, laundry detergent containers, milk jugs, pop and water bottles, squeezable containers, etc.
- Glass: glass jars, bottles, and dishes
- Cardboard: corrugated (brown) boxes, cereal boxes, etc.
- Metals: Non-ferrous (aluminum cans and products), ferrous (tin cans, iron, steel pipes, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste: batteries, waste oil, oil paint, fluorescent bulbs, and various household chemicals
Non-recyclable items: Cardboard/paper with food contact, plastic bags, and styrofoam
- Freon Appliances: refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners ($15.00 each)
- Appliances with Mercury Switches: washers, dryers, stoves, microwaves, furnaces, water heaters ($12.00 each)
- Tires ($0.16 per pound)
- Electronics ($0.25 per pound)
Solid Waste is accepted at the Recycling Center for both MSW (Municipal Solid Waste) and C&D (Construction and Demolition Debris) with a minimum fee of $5.00. All loaded vehicles should be covered to prevent windblown materials.
- MSW and C&D ($50.00 per ton)
Items Not Accepted
- Tree debris/yard waste
For questions about specific items, please call the Recycling Center at (712) 741-5594.